Saturday, June 6, 2009

Senior Reflection # 2

My favorite high school memory has been the entire time I’ve spent with all my friends in the band. I am so grateful that I have passion for music which has led me to meet many new people that have become my best friends. Over the past four years of high school I have met so many friends in band and I can’t even imagine band without them. Band has given me many traveling opportunities too. Just in high school I’ve traveled across the United States with the high school band to New York City, Bush Gardens, Disney World, and Myrtle Beach.
Outside of school I was able to travel through seven different countries in Western Europe with my former band director, Mr. Bergman, and some of my fellow school mates in band. Band gave me the opportunity to go to Europe to perform concerts with a group of 180 talented students and faculty to citizens of those countries. I went on the band Europe trip twice with numerous friends from Herndon High School’s band. The seven different countries that we visited and or played concerts in were England, France, Germany, Lichtenstein, Austria, Italy and my favorite, Switzerland. The first time I went on the summer band program was with my best friends from band, Eric Menatti, Katie Cleveland, and Karina Solis. My second time going on the band Europe trip was amazing because I was able to go with one of my oldest, best friend Kathryn. My favorite high school memory has definitely been in band because without band I would not have met the best and kindest people in the world. I am truly thankful I met my best friends in a happy, welcoming, and thoughtful community.

No comments: