Saturday, June 6, 2009

Senior Reflection # 1

Throughout the four years of high school I believe that I have matured greatly from my freshmen year. When I was younger I was very shy whether I was in the classroom or out ordering off of a menu at a restaurant. I used to be afraid to raise my hands and ask questions in class because I didn’t want my answer to be wrong, and have classmates make fun of me. I believe I have always been a very nice, cheerful person who is very respectful but still enjoys having a great time with friends. As the high school years passed by, I noticed that I have changed tremendously in a good way.
During high school I was able to break out from under my “shell” and become more open to new ideas and learned not to be afraid if my answers are incorrect, and that someone else most likely would have a similar question as me, they’re just afraid to say it too. I have become more confident in myself inside and outside of school, especially while I was looking for a job. I used to get nervous ordering food at restaurants but I realized that people working at restaurants are just like us, people who are working to support themselves and their families, and they usually aren’t that different than me. I became a lot more confident in myself because as high school progressed I learned that I’ve been given many more responsibilities and I have to take care of myself and stand up for situations that I believe are right and wrong.

No comments: